Firestorm hits Revival Fires Dudley , God TV, and touches the nations
1) Street evangelism in Dudley September 18th 2008
2) The Firestorm Gathering Revival Fires Dudley September 18th-23rd 2008
3) Street evangelism in Dudley September 23rd 2008
1) September 18th: It’s been long overdue, but the sun came out, and just before the first session of the Firestorm Gathering I went into town to pray and share Jesus Christ with people. Prophetic and presence evangelism helped me to lead two young men through the prayer of salvation. In other words, God gave me information that I couldn’t have known in the natural, and as I laid my hands on them they felt the tangible presence of God. This softened their hearts to The Lord to receive Him into their lives. I also had the opportunity to tell people about the God TV broadcasts of The Dudley outpouring from our church. I saw a group of young people sitting on a bench in the middle of town, and asked them if any of them wanted prayer. Most of them were very sceptical about God. It was challenging because the young people were asking a lot of difficult questions. Through the prophetic I was able to get their attention. Also I told them that if they gave me the opportunity to pray for them, that at least some of them would tangibly feel God’s presence. Sometimes you have to take a risk, God will reward your step of faith!
Also, one young man had a problem with his hand. He challenged me about whether God is real. My concern was that he wasn’t open enough to receive prayer, and God wouldn’t do anything. How wrong I was! God is sovereign and he will break through when he wants to without anyone’s help or hindrance! His love and power touched the young man and healed his hand. I saw that one young woman was an artist and spoke that out. While I didn’t lead any of that group to Christ, I believe I sowed enough seeds for those hungry to pursue God more, and I hope and pray that they will go to our church or another good church in due time. One thing I will say is that I detected a shift in the atmosphere, and it wasn’t just because of the weather. I believe that in Dudley God is softening the spiritual ground, hearts are opening up, and I believe that we will see more miracles on the streets, including salvations, but more than that there will be significant church growth as the harvest of souls are gathered in. You can believe that for your town as well.
2) The Firestorm Gathering Revival Fires Church Dudley September 18th-23rd 2008
It might not be easy to summarize this tumultuous event, other than to say that The Lord is breathing on His church, the igniting and refining fires are cleansing the body of Christ, signs wonders and miracles are returning, and the rain is now going to fall for mass harvest.
The meetings opened with Kevin Prosch leading a time of powerful prophetic worship. Trevor Baker, senior leader of my church had a word about biopsies, and one viewer emailed in to say that that word of knowledge was for them, a lump just disappeared, and they got miraculously healed! People watched the meetings from many nations including countries in continental Africa, Europe, New Zealand, India, Japan, Kuwait, USA, and many more! On the second night during the worship a powerful drumbeat ushered in a time of warfare type worship, and I felt that something had broken in The Spirit. The glory fell, and there were some glorious miracle healings that night and the following night including freedom from eyesight defects, tinnitus, arthritis, leg pain, and a number of other serious conditions. Keith Miller spoke during these meetings about the fire for harvest, and it really felt like Lakeland had broken out all over again! Keith moved powerfully in the prophetic and in the gift of healing, and as well as inspiring many viewers and delegates, he imparted the fire that we all need to carry the gospel to the lost. It really was a blessing to have Kevin and Keith minister during the first half of the Firestorm Gathering.
Many people received healing during the Gathering. Here is just one of the many testimonies of healing miracles on video, an excerpt from one of the God TV broadcasts:
I also want to say that there were awesome times of worship lead by Sharon Baker, and Ryan Baker-Barnes that helped lead people into God’s glory presence. Both Sharon and Ryan are excellent songwriters, and I highly recommend their anointed worship songs for your church. You can get more details on youtube, The God TV broadcasts and the church website http://www.revivalfires.org.uk You can also purchase songbooks with these worship songs.
On Sunday morning Trevor stated that signs, wonders, and miracles are needed for great harvest in our nation of the UK. People are tired of sterile religion, and they want something real. He also emphasised the importance of character and integrity . In the evening it was Ken Gott’s turn to speak, and the emphasis was on the importance of prayer and no compromise. Ken’s church in Sunderland has a 24-7 prayer facility.
On Monday Mark Stibbe gave an excellent talk from Mark 1 9-15 drawing parallels between what Jesus experienced at the start of his earthly ministry, and the church has in the past 14 years. Verse 11 contains the words of The Father to Jesus as he has got baptised in the Jordan “You are My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” Mark described this as the revelation in the river which he likened to 1994 when The Father’s blessing hit Toronto and moved around the world. In other words, before anything else, the church needed to know how much God loved them. We can only give away what we ourselves have first received. What is important to remember though is that moving away from performance mentality to having true identity as a child of God takes time, and I believe that all of us can go deeper in that wonderful revelation of sonship.
Secondly, Mark talked about Jesus’s temptation in the wilderness (verses 13-14). In the wilderness our character is defined. We can allow God to refine our hearts through trials. Mark spoke very candidly about this period of his life. This church phase he said was the “devil in the desert.” Finally, the third phase is “the glory in Galilee.” In verse 14 we read that Jesus started his ministry in Galilee, preaching the gospel, and declaring The Kingdom of God. Mark said that with the Lakeland revival having an emphasis on imparting the fire for power evangelism and souls and going around the world it was time for breakout now! If you read my article just before this one, you’ll be able to appreciate that I agree with Mark, we still need the revelation in the river and the refining of our character even as we reach out to the lost.
On the final morning, Ken Gott talked about the need for the whole of the body of Christ to be released into ministering the gospel to the unsaved. He referred to healing on the streets, and even special meetings at people’s houses where people can get healed and saved. One example of this was a brain tumour healed at an elderly couple’s house. If you read this blog and see the video testimonies of healings and miracles you will know that I have a passionate heart for healing on the streets as a very important tool in evangelism. I like the idea of an official council sanctioned regular healing on the streets event in town, taking the full gospel out there for the purpose of showing people how much Jesus loves them through the demonstration of The Spirit’s power. We also need God to use us to touch our unsaved family members and friends, workplace colleagues, and others in our sphere of influence.
The very last session saw intimate worship again lead into a time of miracle healings. Trevor talked about the importance of relationship and friendship to carry the anointing, and said that Lakeland had not finished properly, and the firestorm that has come to Dudley is for Europe and the world, and ultimately we need the rain now for harvest. Trevor referred to Joshua 3 verse 15 with The “Jordan overflowing all its banks during the whole time of harvest.” This scripture has been close to my heart for a long time now, and I believe it is prophetic for the future of my own life, my wife, and our children, but also the body of Christ. In Exodus 33 verse 15 Moses says “If Your presence does not go with us, do not bring us up from here.” As I go to the streets that is my cry: “Lord, without You, without Your presence I can achieve nothing so fill me with more of You!” In John 15 verse 5 Jesus says ” I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.” His presence, His glory changes everything. Our own strength, our own resources are useless to change communities and nations for the glory of God. The good news is that God is pouring out His Spirit in these days, and I believe that we will see more miracles and mass harvest as a result!
3) On the final afternoon of the Firestorm Gathering, September 23rd, I went out into Dudley to minister to people. I approached one young man, and The Lord told me he was a musician who has struggled with a number of issues. I spoke into his life. It turned out that he had a problem with his legs as a result of a car accident a number of years ago. Not only that, but he has suffered with M.S. for a while now. Two french men who had been attending The Firestorm were there, and we all prayed for this young man. He felt the healing presence of God upon him, but most of all the tangible presence of the love of God. I invited him to have coffee in our church coffee shop. He had a few errands to do, but called me later, and we met just outside the church. A friend ran into him, and I spoke prophetic destiny into that young man too. The reality is that both of them have been struggling with addiction. I was able to pray for his friend, and as I did so he felt the manifest presence of God. This is such a key. Wouldn’t it be great if we carried so much of God that even just shaking the hand of an unbeliever caused them to experience God’s glory. It can get even better than that. The very shadow of Peter’s presence caused people to be healed. We can believe for those realms to open up for us in these end days if we really press into God!
The first young man and his friend came into the coffee shop and we had a drink there and I prayed for them again. I lead them both through the prayer of salvation. This was an encouragement, because my prayer has been that people won’t just get an encounter outside the church, but inside! Pray that these two young men would come back, their lives will be transformed, and they will both be free of their addictions.
What a time to press deeper into God, and share the gospel with people in all its fullness. I want to give three quick keys to move in miracles:
1) Intimacy with God in the secret place as we allow Him to touch our hearts.
2) Receiving impartation where God’s glory is, and being in relationship with someone who carries the anointing for miracles.
3) Stepping out in faith and praying for many people who are in need of healing. I believe that as we pray for the unsaved especially, God loves to back up His Word with a demonstration of His manifest power.